Adrian Eglinton's eBook Course,
The Journey To Trad Witchcraft
A Seeker's Guide to understanding Traditional Witchcraft beliefs, concepts, customs, rituals, and spellcraft.
Please Note: This Trad is part of the traditional "Old Craft". We are NOT Wicca.
A 180-page illustrated reference on Medicinal Plants and traditional home remedies.
CLICK to read more
What You Need to Know About Cults
The freedom of religion is a wonderful thing. However, regardless of how caring and nurturing a religious group may seem, there is a fundamental truth: Each religion must have a fundamental respect for the individual. The following are fundamental rights that should never be broken:
- Every individual has the absolute right to determine his or her own beliefs according to their own conscience.
- Every individual has the right to the privacy of their beliefs.
- Every individual has the right to associate with others both within and outside their religious faith without any hindrance whatsoever.
Cults will ignore these rights !
- Cults use psychological manipulation to gain dominance over their members.
- Cults pressure people to donate gradually large sums of money.
- They gradually separate new members from their friends and family who are not members of that religious group.
- They manipulate people to believe that the truth is found only in the cult, often only in the cult leader.
In ALL forms of true paganism, the individual is always encouraged to be self-reliant and to think for themselves in an clear and independent manner. Only in the freedom of being self, can the spirit truly thrive.
Before you become involved with any group, know the signs of a cult so you can know when to leave before getting involved. Read Bonewits' Cult Danger Evaluation Frame.
Research all groups
Be careful of groups you contact over the Internet, as some of these folks will be unethical, and NOT what they seem to be. In general, there is a lot of information on the Internet that is inaccurate. Always approach individuals and groups with caution. Do research before you commit yourself.